Studies in Europe, Australia and Asia showed that people who spend more time outside the closed rooms, their eyes are healthier. Perhaps the reason is that sunlight provides vitamin D, which helps in keeping the immune system and brain as well as eyes healthy. In our daily schedule, we spend more time looking at computer screens, televisions and cell phones, due to which many problems related to the eyes, start occurring. Screen of these gadgets emit harmful radiations which can cause damage to the eye muscles and veins. This injury to eye muscles can lead to severe pain, redness and watering eyes. In such situation, you do not even know when your eyes start to deteriorate. So first and foremost you should know the symptoms and signs that indicate that your eyes are spoiling.
1. Many times people experience the problem of constant headaches. Headache also occurs due to stress on the eyes, and then it becomes important that you should get your eyes checked.
2. Many times, the eye vision becomes blurring. But if it happens to children at a young age, then get a checkup done. Blurred vision can be a sign of retinal malfunction.
3. If you feel pressure on the eyes, there may be a problem of black cataract. If you feel constant eye pressure, consult a doctor.
4. Constant watering eyes are also one of the major symptoms of weak eyesight. In this situation it becomes necessary to meet an ophthalmologist.
5. Red and puffy eyes also show that eyes are in trouble and they need to be cared.
Exercise for Keeping Eyes Healthy and Beautiful
The eyes are not only tired during work or long hours studying on the computer throughout the day, but stress can also affect the eyesight. If you take care of eye health, not only will you look better but you will also feel better, and it will positively affect the health of your entire body. Weak eyes don’t mean that your eyes will remain same throughout the life and you need to put glasses on your eyes in fact with the help of exercise you can not only improve your eyesight but hence it will help you to sharpen the eyesight too. In such situation, do these exercises during work or if you feel more stressed.
1.Focus Near and Far
Sit comfortably in a chair, place your thumb about 10 inches away from your face and focus on it for 10 seconds. Now look at a distant object and focus on it for 15 seconds. Then return your attention to the thumb. Repeat this exercise 5 times a day.
Sit comfortably and rapidly blink your eyes 10-15 times. Then close your eyes and relax for 20 seconds. It improves blood circulation. Repeat this exercise 5 times in continuation. This is a great way to give relaxation to eyes and provide break to eyes from the light.
Close your eyes strongly for 5 seconds, then open, and enlarge them. This exercise strengthens the eyelid muscles and improves blood circulation.
4.Massage Your Eyelids
Pour hot water into a bowl and dip some cotton balls in it. Squeeze the cotton and gently put these balls on your eyes. Massage your eyelids by moving your hands up and down.
Sit comfortably on a chair. Keep your right thumb about 10 inches away from your face. Hold your hand and focus on the thumb. Move your thumb to the Infinity Symbol while keeping the eyes in one direction. Do this exercise clock wise and anti-clockwise 5 times.
Filtering involves moving your eyeball from left to right. Look at the left corner and then slowly shift your eyes in the right direction. Small eye muscles are more active and healthy as the blood pumped from moving eyeballs increases. Repeat this exercise 5 times.
Clean your eyes twice a day. In the morning, do it with lukewarm water, and then clean with cold water. Wash your eyes in the evening in a vice versa pattern, first with cold water, then with warm water.
8. Rub Hot Palms
Rub your palms, as you do to warm them in winter. Gently place your warm palms on the eyes. You can feel the heat relaxing the muscles of the eyes. Keep the hands on your eyes until the heat is completely absorbed by the eyes. Do this 5 times.
Gently press the upper eyelids with your fingers 2 fingers and rotate it 5 to 6 times in a clockwise direction and then in anti clockwise. Do this at least 5 times. This massage improves circulation of eye fluid and activates all the eye veins.
10. Dark Relaxation
This is an effective exercise to relieve the eyes from more stress. You can do this anytime. For this, first rub both hands together and then put it on your eyes with little pressure until you will not see darkness in your eyes. After a few moments, remove the hands and then slowly open your eyes.
11. Look Far
For doing this exercise, choose a target that is the farthest from your eyes and try to focus and see that. Do this exercise for at least five to ten minutes. This strengthens distant vision and increases focus.
This is a brilliant exercise which helps to increase focus. Focus on your thumb. Slowly bring the thumb close to the eyes and then slowly take it away from the eyes.
Tips for Keeping Eyes Healthy and Beautiful
Only when the eyes are healthy, we complete all the tasks of our routine with ease. However, through certain habits and by adopting some home remedies, we can keep our eyes healthy. Some super foods and few home remedies are being listed below which you can use regularly to maintain the health of your eyes.
1. To increase the eyesight, you can put two to three drops of rose water in the eyes twice a week.
2. To increase the eyesight, every day massage the soles of the feet with mustard oil for 10 minutes.
3. Exercise regularly as the people who exercise on daily basis have healthy weight have better eyesight.
4. Consuming almonds also helps in increasing the vision. Almonds are rich in vitamin A which is an essential nutrient for maintaining the health of eyes.
5. Anti-oxidants and Vitamin C present in Indian gooseberry works to keep the retina healthy. At the same time, keeping the retina healthy proves helpful in retaining healthy eyesight.
6. There are many such food items that can be consumed due to which our eyes remain healthy. These include carrots, broccoli, walnuts, spinach and kale.
7. At least 8 hours of sleep is necessary for healthy and relaxing eyes.
8. Get an eye check-up at least twice a year.
9. Wear sunglasses to protect the eyes from the strong sunlight and harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun.
10. Every day massage your foot sole with mustard oil.
11. Early morning take a walk on the green grass barefooted.
Hope you like this article. If you know about more such tips to keep your eyes healthy and beautiful then please write me in the comment box. Share your queries and suggestion with me and also subscribe for latest updates.