Black seed or nigella seed is a necessary spice in Indian kitchen for many years. Fusion of black seeds in pickles, lentils, vegetables etc. enhances the taste. Due to its medicinal properties, it is also used as a medicine. According to Ayurveda, black seed is a natural remedy for almost all the medical ailments. Black seeds possess more than 100 nutrients such as carbohydrates, proteins, natural oil and some more essential elements.
Benefits of Black Seeds for Health
• Every morning consuming a pinch of Nigella seeds can effectively boost the immune system.
• Black seeds also have the ability to fight cancer.
• It can efficiently cure diabetes too.
• Taking it in an empty stomach can enhance the metabolism thus, aids better digestion.
• If somebody is facing the problem of stone formation, then eating a pinch of black seeds can successfully wash out the kidney or gall bladder stones.
• It also cures diseases like sleep disorders and dream defects etc.
• Black seeds can also help in dissolving blood cholesterol thus, cure heart related problems.
• Black seed oil is also having great medicinal values. It can heal the headache if applied at the targeted area.
• Its extract in the form of essential oil can cure toothache too.
• Massaging the knees with black seed oil relieves joint pain. The bones also become strong due to its application.
• Massaging the scalp daily with its oil helps to prevent migraine and chronic headache.
• According to a research, the consumption of nigella seeds by the children with epilepsy reduces seizures.
• Drinking black seed oil daily for few months or massaging the diseased parts of a paralyzed person cures paralysis.
• It can also cure common cold and cough.
• Jaundice can also be healed by taking half a teaspoon of black seed oil every day.
How to Use Black Seeds for Healthy and Strong Body
Drinking a quarter teaspoon of black seed oil with a cup of milk daily for a few months and massaging the diseased parts with black seed oil cures paralysis.
Putting a drop of black seed oil in both the nostrils can relieve cold and runny nose.
For Stomach Worms
Take 1 tsp of finely ground nigella seed and mix it with 3 tsp of honey to get a syrupy consistence. Consume it every night before sleeping for 3 to 4 days, it will give you freedom from stomach worms.
For stomachache mix 2 tsp of honey and half tsp of black seed oil in a glass of lemonade and drink it twice a day. By drinking this water, stomachache will get healed.
Boil 50 grams of green mint in a cup of water and mix half tsp of black seed oil. Now drink this water empty stomach in the morning and at bedtime. This remedy will do the recovery of blood loss in 21 days.
Jaundice is cured by taking half tsp of nigella seed oil by mixing it in a cup of milk and consuming it twice daily on an empty stomach and at night for 1 week at bedtime.
Mix 1 or 2 drops of black seed oil and clove oil and apply it on the infected tooth and gums, it cures pain.
For Clean Teeth
Roast 1 tsp of rock salt for few seconds and add 2 to 4 drops of nigella oil and use it to clean the teeth. This homemade natural powder keeps your teeth clean and healthy.
Benefits of Black Seeds for Skin
• The oil of black seed has anti-bacterial properties so, its application on the skin can removes acne and keeps the skin healthy.
• It neutralizes the free radicals present on the skin. In this way, it reduces inflammation and gives relief from it.
• Applying black seed oil over the wound and injuries provides relief and heals them quickly.
• The black seed oil can cure minor skin related disease. It has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties to take care of your skin.
How to Use Black Seeds for Beautiful and Glowing Skin
For Skin Rashes
Mixing the powder of nigella seed with coconut oil and massaging it on the skin heals rashes and redness.
For Oily Skin
For removing the oil and grease from face, take 1 tsp of finely ground nigella seeds and mix it with 2 tsp of aloe vera gel. Now apply this pack on your face for half an hour. Once it gets dry gently remove by rubbing it and wash with cold water.
For Dry Skin
If you have dry skin then also nigella seeds are very beneficial for you. Take 1 tsp of nigella seed oil and add two capsules of Vitamin E oil. Now mix it well and everyday apply it on your face before sleeping. Sooner your skin will turn to soft, supple and healthy skin.
For Exfoliating Skin
For exfoliating the skin, soak 2 tsp of nigella seeds in 2 tsp of raw milk for few hours. Now grind it to get a smooth paste. Apply and scrub your face with this paste. It will gently remove all the dead cells and hydrate the skin by locking moisture into it.
For Glowing Skin
For getting fair and glowing skin, mix 1 tsp of black seed oil with half tsp of petroleum jelly and apply two times a day. This is a brilliant remedy for making your face naturally fair and glowing.
For Wrinkles and Fine LInes
If you are in your 40s and want to get rid from fine lines, then use of nigella seed in an excellent way. Take 2 tsp of nigella seed oil, 2 tsp of castor oil and 2 tsp of Vitamin E oil and mix it well. Store it in a clean and clear bottle. Use this oil everyday 2 to 3 times. It will efficiently reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
Benefits of Black Seeds for Hair
• Mixing the burnt fennel in hair oil and massaging it regularly on the scalp will remove baldness and grow hair.
• Applying black seed oil on the scalp stops hair fall. The Nigellone and Thymoquinone present in it help to keep hair healthy and promote new hair growth.
• The oil of nigella seeds protects the scalp from itching and dandruff.
• Beside it also keep the scalp healthy, and condition the hair.
• Regular application of mix of nigella oil and olive oil promotes new hair growth.
• Regular application of black seed oil will increase the volume and thickness of hair.
How to Use Black Seeds for Long and Thick Hair
For Hair Fall
After massaging the head with lemon juice for 20 minutes, clean the hair thoroughly. Then apply black seed oil all over the hair and scalp. Leave it in your hair for 2 hours and then wash. By regularizing this process, the problem of hair fall ends.
For Hair Loss and Baldness
Mixing the black seed oil in your regular hair oil and massaging it regularly on the scalp will relieve baldness and grow new hair.
For Thick Hair
For maximizing hair growth take three to four spoons of nigella seeds and soak them in water for one hour. Now grind it into a paste. Now add two spoons of honey and one spoon of curd to this paste. Mix everything well. Apply this paste on the skin of the head and then wash it off with water.
For Itchy Scalp
If you are troubled with itchy scalp then try this remedy. Take two teaspoon of nigella seeds and grind them into a paste. Now add one teaspoon of aloe vera gel, one teaspoon of olive oil and 1/2 pinch of turmeric and apply this mixture on the scalp. Wash it after 30 minutes.
For Hair Volume
If you have thin hair then to increase the volume of hair take 2 teaspoons of nigella seeds and boil them in a glass of water for 10 minutes. Allow the water to cool down, now add two teaspoons of lemon juice to it. Mix both the things well and after washing the hair, pour this water on your scalp and hair. This causes hair to grow faster and make it thick and soft.
Hope you like this article. If you know about more benefits of black seeds then please write me in the comment box. Share your queries and suggestion with me.